“The Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals is warning residents about the dangers of the improper use of neti pots. The warning follows the state’s second death this year caused by Naegleria fowleri, the so-called brain-eating amoeba.
“A 51-year-old DeSoto Parish woman died recently after using tap water in a neti pot to irrigate her sinuses and becoming infected with the deadly amoeba.
“In June, a 20-year-old St. Bernard Parish man died under the same circumstances.
“Naegleria fowleri infects people by entering the body through the nose. A neti pot is commonly used to irrigate sinuses, and looks like a genie’s lamp.
” ‘If you are irrigating, flushing, or rinsing your sinuses, for example, by using a neti pot, use distilled, sterile or previously boiled water to make up the irrigation solution,’said Louisiana State Epidemiologist, Dr. Raoult Ratard. ‘Tap water is safe for drinking, but not for irrigating your nose.’ …”
Tumblr iPhone 2.0: Now available on the App Store
We’re excited about this one! The app has been recoded, rewired, and rethought from the ground up to offer you the very best Tumblr experience:
- Brand new interface: Browsing your dashboard, creating a post, managing multiple blogs — the most important features are within reach so you can interact with Tumblr effortlessly while you’re on-the-go.
- Creating a post: Now easier than ever! Sharing photos, videos, links, chats, text, quotes and audio is front and center. Advanced options like saving drafts and queuing posts are one swipe away.
- Messages: View and reply to messages for each of your blogs.
- Address book: Find people to follow from your phone’s address book.
- New users: Signing up is now native inside the app.
There are tons more features and details that are awesomely crafted.
Nokia Lebanon - Connecting People